Computer science education equips students to thrive in today’s digital economy and empowers them to explore career opportunities in the rapidly growing field of STEM. The Professional Educator Standards Board (PESB) is offering grants to support computer science professional learning for P-6 educators, and improve student access to computer science.
Awardees will receive:
- free computer science professional development throughout the spring
- free attendance at a virtual computer science convening June 24 to learn about:
- computer science lessons aligned to standards, tools, and resources
- obtaining computer science credentials
- $5,000 to purchase computer science tools and resources for educators to use with P-6 students
Who may apply?
All Washington State schools serving P-6 students are eligible to apply. Tribal schools, Title 1 schools, and schools using funds to support P-6 students from underserved populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Grant informational webinar||Thursday, January 13, 2022, 4 to 5:30 p.m.|
|Grant application open||Thursday, January 13, 2022|
|Grant application deadline||February 15, 2022|
|Applicants notified of grantee status||February 28, 2022|
|Grant period||February 15 – June 30, 2022|
|Virtual grant professional development (required)||Spring 2022|
|Virtual computer science convening (required)||June 24, 2022|
Questions? Please contact:
- Makenzie Dyer, Intern, Preparation and Credentialing, at email@example.com, or
- Leiani Sherwin, Program Manager for Professional Learning and Program Support, at Leiani.Sherwin@k12.wa.us or 360-867-8020