PESB professional learning opportunities.
*As learning opportunities become available, details can be found here*
Transformative SEL for Educators: Connecting Healthy SELves to Healthy Communities
During the 2022-23 school year, PESB is hosted a virtual interactive social emotional learning (SEL) series all about developing your own SEL capacity. Research has shown that teachers who developed their own SEL skills not only improved their own well-being, but also improved the social, emotional and academic development of their students. Through this series, you will cultivate your identity as an educator, as well as reaffirm your purpose. The series will help you strengthen your community through self growth, inquiry, and lived experiences.
Recordings of each session are available for viewing. While you may choose to view any or all of these interactive sessions, they do build on each other. This series is open to all educators, including ESAs, teachers, paraeducators, administrators, and classified staff. Clock hours are no longer offered for this series.
- Session 1: Self-Awareness: Turning the lens inward with compassion
- Session 2: Self-Awareness/ Consciousness: Diving into authentic self-evaluation and rediscovering my superpower
- Session 3: Self Management/Self Guidance: Responding to emotions wisely
- Session 4: Social Awareness / Self Management/ Self Guidance: Community building using transformative strategies
- Session 5: Social Awareness: Growing empathy across differences
- Session 6: Self Efficacy and Social Engagement/ Community: Activating my superpower in sustaining a healthy ecosystem