The Paraeducator Board relies on iGrants – an online platform used by OSPI and PESB to manage state and federal grants – for data collection and to help determine district reimbursement amounts. Throughout the school year, districts must submit claims through iGrants to receive funding intended to help offset training costs. Reimbursement funds are provided directly to the district – not paraeducators or training providers. As a reminder, districts are required to pay paraeducators for their training time.
2020-21 school year
Districts must submit reporting updates through iGrants package 918 to report the number of paraeducators who complete the required training. Learn how to fill out the 2020-21 iGrants report.
- December 15, 2020
- June 30, 2021
- September 1, 2021 (final submission date)
Updated October 4, 2021
- Number of paraeducators trained: 17,767 paraeducators received the required 14 hours of FCS training during the 2020-21 school year.
- Number of paraeducators who have finished the FCS: 18,141 paraeducators have finished the 28 hours of the FCS by September 1, 2021.
- Final reimbursement rate: The reimbursement rate for the 2020-21 school year is $478.16 per paraeducator per two days of training.
2019-20 school year
- Final reimbursement rate: The reimbursement rate for the 2019-20 school year is $512.73 per paraeducator per two days of training.
- Number of paraeducators trained: A total of 23,406 paraeducators received the required 14 hours of FCS training by September 1, 2020.