The Career and Technical Education (CTE) educator preparation program review workgroup will develop model recommendations for the ongoing review of CTE Business and Industry route preparation programs (B&I, or Plan 2). This will involve examining current review models used by PESB for other types of credential roles to determine whether and how these models could be adapted to suit CTE B&I programs. This will also include developing recommendations for the minimum number of hours required for education field experience. Meetings will be held monthly from February through May in Olympia.
The four workgroup sessions will be organized to develop recommendations on review model and practicum hours.
- Meeting 1 – OSPI Annex: Exploring current review models and surfacing unique features of B&I programs; examining B&I programs’ current field experience practices and requirements.
- Meeting 2 – OSPI: Adapting current review models to sketch a potential CTE B&I model to share with the board stakeholders; looking at field experience requirements for comparable roles in Washington and in other states.
- Meeting 3: Sharing feedback from stakeholders about the group’s sketch of a possible program review model and making adjustments; establishing recommendations for required practicum hours.
- Meeting 4: Developing review model sketch(es), communications planning, and calendaring; develop plans for communicating and / or transitioning to practicum hour requirements
- Meeting 5: Combined meeting with CTE workgroup on certification pathways to gather additional feedback.
Between meetings, workgroup members are encouraged to communicate with their organizations to receive input.
Meeting information and materials
|1 OSPI Annex||February 6, 2020||Materials (folder)|
|2 OSPI||March 2, 2020||Materials (folder)|
|3 OSPI||April 8, 2020||Materials (folder)|
|4 OSPI Annex||May 12, 2020||Materials (folder)|
|5 OSPI||June 4, 2020||Materials (folder)|
The workgroup will provide their initial recommendations to PESB at the March 2020 board meeting. At the May board meeting, members will have an opportunity to approve a program review structure for CTE B&I preparation programs.