The purpose of the PESB clock hour work group is to review state policy regarding continuing education, with a specific focus on clock hours. The goal of this work group will be to formulate recommendations to the board on policy around clock hours. In addition, a subgroup will be meeting to review policy around Professional Growth Plans (PGPs).
This work group will be examining both the professional learning aspects and the operational aspects of clock hour policy.
You can provide input to the PESB clock hour work group with this survey link.
Issues to be examined by the clock hour work group will include, but will not be limited to:
- Quality considerations
- Ways to strengthen the clock hour system while maintaining flexibility and access
- Informing clock hour policy with the Washington State professional learning standards
- Considerations for paraeducators and the paraeducator certification system
- Clock hours for online learning and independent study
- Procedures for recording clock hours
- Clock hour provider approval and review
- Clock hours for out-of-state learning
Between meetings, work group members are encouraged to communicate with their organizations in order to receive input.
Meeting Information and Materials
|1||October 12, 2018||Materials (folder)|
October 23, 2018
|3||November 8, 2018||Materials (folder)|
|4||December 6, 2018||Materials (folder)|
January 17, 2019
|6||January 31, 2019||Materials (folder)|
|7||February 14, 2019||Materials (folder)|
Work Group Product
This work group will provide recommendations on continuing education policy, clock hours, and related issues in our state. Recommendations to the Professional Educator Standards Board are tentatively scheduled for May 2019.