Professional growth plans (PGPs) can play a significant role in obtaining and renewing an educator credential. OSPI’s certification office provides information for individuals with questions about their own licensure. Find information on ESA certificate renewal.
Standards for PGP alignment
The following standards are used by in-service ESAs to align their PGP for certificate renewal.
- Cultural competency, diversity, equity, and inclusion (CCDEI) standards
- Or, social emotional learning (SEL) standards, benchmarks, and indicators
- Or, the professional educator role standards as noted for each specific ESA certificate
Educators are required to complete a self-assessment as the first step in the PGP planning process. ESAs may use one of the PESB created self-assessments (below), or another of their choosing. Role self-assessments must be aligned to the ESA certificate.
- Cultural competency, diversity, equity and inclusion standards self-assessment
- Social-emotional learning standards self-assessment
- School behavior analyst self-assessment
- School counselor self-assessment
- School nurse self-assessment
- School occupational therapist self-assessment
- School physical therapist self-assessment
- School psychologist self-assessment
- School social worker self-assessment
- School speech-language pathologist self-assessment
ESA roles not included may use a similar device to determine areas of growth based on the standards associated with their ESA certificate.
The PGP samples below are meant to be a guide for ESAs when completing a PGP. Identifying information within each sample has been eliminated as much as possible. Although the standards that PGPs are aligned to have recently changed, the samples still demonstrate the alignment of goals to standards, professional growth activities, evidence collected, and reflections. In addition, you will find at least one PGP sample that does not meet expectations, and a corresponding rubric with comments added to help identify areas of strength or weakness.
- Sample school counselor PGP meeting expectations
- Sample school counselor PGP not meeting expectations and corresponding rubric
- Sample school nurse PGP meeting expectations
- Sample school nurse PGP not meeting expectations and corresponding rubric
- Sample school psychologist PGP meeting expectations
- Sample school psychologist PGP not meeting expectations and corresponding rubric
- School social worker PGP meeting expectations
- School social worker PGP not meeting expectations and corresponding rubric
Speech language pathologist