Professional growth plans (PGPs) can play a significant role in obtaining and renewing an educator credential. The OSPI’s certification office provides information for individuals with questions about their own licensure. Find information on ESA certificate renewal.
Standards for PGP alignment
The following standards are used by in-service ESAs to align their PGP for certificate renewal.
- Cultural competency standards, or the cultural competency, diversity, equity, and inclusion (CCDEI) standards once they are adopted.
- Or, Social Emotional Learning (SEL) standards, benchmarks, and indicators
- Or, the professional educator role standards as noted for each specific ESA certificate
Educators are required to complete a self-assessment as the first step in the PGP planning process. ESAs may use one of the PESB created self-assessments (below), or another of their choosing. Role self-assessments must be aligned to the ESA certificate.
- Cultural competency standards self-assessment
- Social Emotional Learning standards self-assessment
- School Behavior Analyst self-assessment
- School Physical Therapist self-assessment
- School Social Worker self-assessment
ESA roles not included may use a similar device to determine areas of growth based on the standards associated with their ESA certificate.