Professional growth plans (PGPs) can play a significant role in obtaining and renewing an educator credential. OSPI’s certification office provides information for individuals with questions about their own licensure.
Find information on Administrator and Career Technical Director certificate renewal.
Equity-based certificate renewal requirements
PGPs aligned to the cultural competency, diversity, equity, and inclusion (CCDEI) standards can be used to meet the equity-based school practices requirement. Learn more about the equity-based school practices certificate renewal requirements.
Educational leadership certificate renewal requirements
PGPs aligned to the Professional Standards for Education Leaders (PSEL) standards can be used to meet the educational leadership requirements. The AWSP leadership framework is aligned to the PSEL standards. Learn more about the educational leadership certificate renewal requirements.
Government-to-government relations requirement
PGPs may not be used to meet the government-to-government relations requirement.
Standards for PGP alignment
The following standards are used by in-service administrators to align their PGP for certificate renewal
- Cultural competency, diversity, equity, and inclusion (CCDEI) standards
- Or, Social Emotional Learning (SEL) standards, benchmarks, and indicators
- Or, the professional educator role standards as follows:
- Principals, program administrators, superintendents: National policy board for educational administration (NPBEA) Professional standards for educational leaders (PSEL)
- CTE directors: Standards (document) published by PESB.
Educators are required to complete a self-assessment as the first step in the PGP planning process. Educators may use one of the PESB created self-assessments (below), or another of their choosing. (Download and save documents to computer in order to access them)
- Cultural competency, diversity, equity and inclusion standards self-assessment
- Social Emotional Learning standards self-assessment
- Principal and program administrator self-assessment
- Superintendent self-assessment
CTE Directors may use a similar device to determine areas of growth based on the CTE director Standards (document) published by PESB.
PGP samples by role
The PGP samples below are meant to be a guide for administrators completing a PGP. Identifying information within each sample has been eliminated to the greatest extent possible. Although the standards that PGPs are aligned to have recently changed, the samples still demonstrate the alignment of goals to standards, professional growth activities, evidence collected, and reflections. In addition, you will find at least one PGP sample that does not meet expectations, and a corresponding rubric with comments added to help identify areas of strength or weakness.
We are collecting administrator, CTE director, and superintendent PGP samples. If you are an administrator, CTE director, or superintendent who has completed a PGP and is willing to share your sample with us, please contact Prajakta Deshmukh at email@example.com
- coming soon
CTE director samples
- coming soon
- coming soon