Programs must prepare teacher and administrator candidates for their role in directing, supervising, and evaluating paraeducators.
- Providers ensure that all educator candidates demonstrate knowledge of the paraeducator standards of practice (document).
- Providers prepare teacher candidates to direct paraeducators working with students in the classroom.
- Providers prepare administrator candidates to supervise and evaluate paraeducators in schools.
- Paraeducator standards of practice (document)
- PESB offers two online courses for inservice educators, which can be useful to programs in considering what to include in their program curriculum:
- Teachers working with paraeducators
- Principals and administrators working with paraeducators
- Information about the paraeducator certificate program
- WAC 181-78A-220
- RCW 28A.410.294