WEST/NES test prep resources
- Guidance for programs on the case-by-case exception process for content knowledge assessments
- Free online WEST-B & ParaPro prep modules (folder) from Center of Excellence for Careers in Teaching
- Free online WEST-B prep module, builds from the Center of Excellence materials above
- Free ACT/SAT prep – If you have not located this already, College Board provides free test prep materials for SAT/ACT, which can be used lieu of the WEST-B.
- Financial support
- Accommodation process – Candidates may request alternative testings arrangements that are reasonable in the context of the certification test and supported by documentation provided for candidates with disabilities, nursing mothers, candidates whose primary language is not English. For more information about this process, please visit the following links.
edTPA general resources
- FAQ for programs on the elimination of the edTPA requirement
- Guidance for programs on the multiple measures pilot
- WA edTPA webinar for new faculty members recording (or audio only) – SCALE 1/17/2018
- AACTE’s edTPA (login required)– online community, resource library, and general edTPA information
- Useful materials educative use of candidate materials (login required)
- PESB’s official edTPA informational materials (folder) – Institutions may use these official informational materials with teacher candidates, school districts, cooperating teachers and the general public. These materials are not to be altered if used with PESB’s logo and name. If an institution wishes to add information to any of the documents above to fit their needs, the institution must use only their logo and name.
- Handouts for stakeholders (folder) – Resources to assist institutions, school districts and candidates with informing others about the assessment.
edTPA Student Voice resources
- The 2018-2019 revised Student Voice rubrics and prompts (PDF).
- The edTPA Understanding Rubric Level Progressions (URLP) Washington Student Voice rubrics, version 1.2 (PDF)
- Student Voice examples (folder) – Resources to help institutions, candidates, and cooperating teachers understand what student voice looks like in practice.
- edTPA Student Voice workshop video part 1 – edTPA 101, welcome, overview, impending policy changes (YouTube)
- edTPA student voice workshop video part 2 – Deep dive 1, history of edTPA, breakout groups (YouTube)