To request an approval form for the endorsement you seek to offer, please e-mail: Sophia Keskey at email@example.com
PESB staff will work with you to ensure you have the information you need to complete your endorsement proposal form. The steps for submitting your proposal are as follows:
- A final draft of the form must be submitted to PESB staff at least 60 days in advance (view approval deadlines) of the Board meeting at which the endorsement proposal will be considered (view board meeting dates).
- Endorsement proposal forms require a short, in-person presentation at the PESB board meeting from the applicant.
All proposals are due at least 60 days in advance of their requested PESB board meeting. Due dates are firm and there is no guarantee a proposal will come forward at the requested board meeting date.
All approval forms should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Find additional submission instructions in each form.
|Board meetings||Final draft proposal due|
|March 19-20, 2020||Jan. 17, 2020|
|May 21-22, 2020||March 20, 2020|
|July 16-17, 2020||May 15, 2020|
|Sept. 24-25, 2020||July 24, 2020|
|November 5-6, 2020||September 4, 2020|
|Jan. 21-22, 2021||Nov. 20, 2020|
|March 18-19, 2021||January 15, 2021|
|May 20-21, 2021||March 19, 2021|
- Bilingual Education*
- Computer Science
- Theatre Arts
- Music – Choral, Instrumental, or General
- Visual Arts
- Designated World Languages
- English Language Learner*
- Library Media
- Special Education*
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Special Education*
- Elementary Education
- Middle Level Mathematics
- Middle Level Science
- Middle Level Humanities
- Earth and Space Science
- English Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Traffic Safety
- Agricultural Education (designated career and technical education)
- Business & Marketing Ed (designated career and technical education)
- Family & Consumer Science Ed (designated career and technical education)
- Technology Education (designated career and technical education)
*Non-subject endorsements: After September 1, 2019, a teacher who obtains a special education, early childhood special education, bilingual education, or English language learner endorsement must earn and/or hold a second endorsement in another endorsement area. Special education, early childhood special education, bilingual education, English language learner, and traffic safety do not qualify as the other endorsement area. (WAC 181-79A-132).
**Science: Beginning September 1, 2019, newly awarded general science endorsements cannot stand alone on a certificate (WAC 181-79A-227).
The dual endorsement FAQ (PDF) addresses several questions about the change.
- Deaf Education
- Environmental and Sustainability Education
- Orientation and Mobility Teacher
- Teacher of Visually Impaired
- Elementary Mathematics Specialist