To request an approval form for the endorsement you seek to offer, please e-mail:
Sophia Keskey at email@example.com
PESB staff will work with you to ensure you have the information you need to complete your endorsement proposal form. The steps for submitting your proposal are as follows:
- A final draft of the form must be submitted to PESB staff at least 60 days in advance (view approval deadlines) of the Board meeting at which the endorsement proposal will be considered (view board meeting dates). The 60 day deadline ensures ample time for review and feedback by staff before the form goes before the board. Find approval deadlines here.
- Endorsement proposal forms require a short, in-person presentation at the PESB Board meeting from the applicant.
Please submit your proposal form to:
Sophia Keskey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bilingual Education*
- Computer Science
- Theatre Arts
- Music – Choral, Instrumental, or General
- Visual Arts
- Designated World Languages
- English Language Learner*
- Library Media
- Special Education*
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Special Education*
- Elementary Education
- Middle Level Mathematics
- Middle Level Science
- Middle Level Humanities
- Earth and Space Science
- English Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Traffic Safety
- Agricultural Education (designated career and technical education)
- Business & Marketing Ed (designated career and technical education)
- Family & Consumer Science Ed (designated career and technical education)
- Technology Education (designated career and technical education)
*Non-subject endorsements: After September 1st, 2019, a teacher who obtains a special education, early childhood special education, bilingual education, or English language learner endorsement must earn and/or hold a second endorsement in another endorsement area. Special education, early childhood special education, bilingual education, English language learner, and traffic safety do not qualify as the other endorsement area. (WAC 181-79A-132).
**Science: Beginning September 1st, 2019, newly awarded general science endorsements cannot stand alone on a certificate (WAC 181-79A-227).
The Dual Endorsement FAQ (PDF) addresses many common questions about the change.
- Deaf Education
- Environmental and Sustainability Education
- Orientation and Mobility Teacher
- Teacher of Visually Impaired
- Elementary Mathematics Specialist