Educator preparation programs in Washington submit annual reports to PESB to maintain their approved status. Prior to 2019, we collected these data in aggregate form. In compliance with the 2017 Substitute House Bill 1741, preparation programs are now required to submit student level data to the Education Research and Data Center (ERDC). Data submission resources can be found on ERDC’s technical documentation site.
- Data administrators – Program representatives for PESB annual reports
- Data submissions manual – Report student level data to ERDC
- Instructions for using SFTP – Upload data
- Data manual appendices workbook – Lookup tables for EPP data submission
- 2019 templates – Upload EPP data
- 2019 condensed templates for school counselor, school psychologist, superintendent, and CTE B&I programs
Annual reports are created from data collected by each program as defined in the ERDC/PESB data manual. Reporting content is defined by annual guidance documentation, and responds to Board questions on continuous improvement and program accountability. Data manuals become the guidebook for program and IT personnel when designing their data collection system.
For the 2019 data submission, for data collected during the 2018-19 academic year, significant changes have been made to the data collection manual and process. These changes are a result from the need to transition from program-unit collection by PESB, to candidate-unit collection by ERDC.
Changes and updates
- Request for candidate unit data for the previous five years is to be collected for the teacher role only. This includes traditional routes, endorsements, alternative routes, and CTE Plan 1 residency certification programs. Five years of past data are not required for the following program role types: principal, superintendent, school counselor, school psychologist, and CTE B&I.
- School counselor, school psychologist, superintendent, and CTE B&I program leaders may submit a condensed collection for the 2018-19 and 2019-20 program years, while staff in these programs adjust to candidate-unit collection requirements. View file formats and submission templates for school counselor, school psychologist, superintendents and CTE B&I programs. Technical assistance for the 2020 data submission for the 2019-20 academic year will be available in Fall and Winter webinar sessions. Technical assistance for the 2019 submission is available now. Email Nicholas.email@example.com.
- Opportunity to submit a notification of late or incomplete data: Programs may submit a notification of late or incomplete data form if they are unable, due to significant technical, business, or operations constraints, to submit required data by October 31, 2019. This form will be used to track the constraints and capacity of the data submission system, and identify in what cases exceptions to the program intervention process are appropriate.