The Professional Educator Standards Board conducts program approval and review for educator preparation programs across Washington. We oversee educator preparation programs for the following roles:
- Residency teacher
- Residency principal
- Residency program administrator
- Initial superintendent
- Initial career and technical education (CTE) teacher
- Initial CTE administrator
- Residency school counselor
- Residency school psychologist
The following sections provide useful information about the preparation program approval standards, the process for becoming an educator preparation program, and the assessments educator candidates take to become eligible for these roles.
Educator preparation programs
- Learn how to become an approved preparation program in Washington.
- View a list of currently approved programs.
- Learn about the testing requirements for earning and maintaining Washington educator certification.
- View the seven domains of practice identify the program features and activities required for initial and ongoing program approval.
- View the standards for candidate knowledge and required assessments that preparation programs must meet to offer endorsement preparation.