The edTPA in Washington is a subject-specific, performance-based assessment used by teacher preparation programs to measure and support skills and knowledge that all teachers need to demonstrate prior to completing a preparation program.
- 2018-19 Revised student voice rubrics and handbooks – Candidates should use the updated Washington handbooks, and corresponding assessment materials/errata beginning Fall 2018 (Submissions after August 16, 2018). The updated student voice (SV) rubrics and prompts, which were approved by the Board during the 2018 May board meeting, are available in the PESB board materials folder as well.
- Updated Washington student voice understanding rubric level progressions (URLP) (PDF)
- Alignment tables (spreadsheet) – Recommended placements and edTPA handbook
- Scenario document (document) – Guidance in determining field placements and assessments for first tier candidates adding multiple endorsements
- Student voice samples – Resources to help institutions, candidates, and cooperating teachers understand what student voice looks like in practice.
- Sample video consent forms (multiple languages) – Washington educator preparation programs can select, open, and download these forms. PESB’s Assistant Attorney General (AAG) reviewed and approved these forms and suggests that the content remain intact. However, institutions are encouraged to add their letterhead and any additional information to meet the institutions’ needs.
- edTPA policies – Policy decisions that have been made to date.
edTPA in Washington resources
- edTPA – Website for information about registration, candidate, and faculty info.
- AACTE’s edTPA – Online community, resource library, and general edTPA information
- PESB’s official edTPA informational materials – Institutions may use these official informational materials with teacher candidates, school districts, cooperating teachers and the general public. These materials are not to be altered if used with PESB’s logo and name. If an institution wishes to add information to any of the documents above to fit their needs, the institution must use only their logo and name.
- Handouts for stakeholders – Resources to assist institutions, school districts and candidates with informing others about the assessment.
- edTPA coordinators meetings
- edTPA scorers – Become an edTPA scorer and earn clock hours
- Student voice rubric consequential timeline (document)
- SCALE January 17, 2018 webinar on WA edTPA for new faculty members recording (or audio only).
- Establishing a candidate fee and purchasing vouchers (login required)
- Educative use of candidate materials (login required)