Paraeducator Reimbursement Program – FP 918 – has now been posted on iGrants. Districts and ESDs can now access the application and must submit their first update by April 21. Assistance opportunities and highlighted changes in the application can be found below.
The application has been updated with the following changes:
Three cohorts of paraeducators:
- New Paraeducators – 28 hours of training on Fundamental Course of Study (FCS)
- Continuing Paraeducators – 14 hours of training on FCS
- Continuing Paraeducators who completed the FCS – 14 hours of training on General Certificate
Final reports are now due October 2nd (instead of September 1 – based on district feedback)
- Districts that complete their training by June 30 can submit their final report by July 7
- Districts that submit by July 7 will be reimbursed on the September apportionment
In lieu of the external Spring survey, we are gathering data on paraeducators directly in the iGrants application itself. The two data areas include:
- Paraeducator vacancies
- Training hours that go unreimbursed in the all-or-nothing model
Ways to connect with us for assistance:
We are hosting two webinars to walk through completing the first report for this form package. Please register ahead of time using the following links:
Thursday, April 6 at 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 12 at 10:30 a.m.
We will host additional webinars to support the next reporting deadlines. Dates will be announced closer to each deadline.
Please come with your questions, and we look forward to seeing you!
Can’t make it to one of the webinars above? The webinar will be recorded, sent to those that registered, and uploaded to our PESB YouTube Channel.
Other ways to connect:
Don’t forget about the weekly office hours open to implementation leaders.
Talk with us Tuesdays – 3:00-4:00 weekly: https://bit.ly/pesb_officehours_tues
Have paraeducators with questions? We have office hours for paraeducators too!
Questions Welcome Wednesdays – 3:00-4:00 p.m. weekly: https://bit.ly/pesb_officehours_wed