We maintain resources and guidance for districts and schools interested in starting their own teacher academy program to support this important work. Please explore the information below to better understand how a Recruiting Washington Teachers program might operate.
- RWT District Informational Packet (PDF) – To help districts and teachers interested in starting their own program.
- Recruitment – Establish a plan to recruit diverse students into your teacher academy program.
- Snapshot of the Renton Teacher Academy – What a teacher academy looks like in practice.
- Who can teach this course? – Identifying the right teacher and funding vehicle.
- Partnerships – Essentials to consider when building internal and external partnerships.
- Articulation – How partnerships can support students in earning college credits.
- CTE Careers in Education resources – Resources for meeting OSPI’s CTE/CIE requirements (only necessary for programs using a CTE course designation).
- Crosswalk of curriculum competencies and related standards – How the RWT curriculum aligns with previous CTE/CIE competencies and related standards including Educators Rising, Common Core, State, and 21st Century Learning Skills.
- RWT: High school teacher academies: realities and myths (Slideshow) – Presentation from the January 2018 Washington Colleges of Teacher Education meeting.