This work can seem daunting; however, PESB maintains resources and guidance for districts and schools interested in starting their own teacher academy course in hopes of supporting those districts and teachers interesting in this important work. Please explore the information below to better understand how a Recruiting Washington Teachers program might operate.
- RWT District Packet (PDF) – PESB has developed a District Packet in order to help districts and teacher interested in starting their own program.
- Recruitment – Establish a plan to recruit diverse future students into your Teacher Academy courses.
- Snapshot of the Renton Teacher Academy – What a Teacher Academy looks like in practice.
- Who Can Teach This Course? – Identifying the right teacher and funding vehicle.
- Partnerships – Essentials for High School Administrators to consider in internal and external partnerships
- Articulation – How partnerships can support students in earning college credits.
- CTE Careers in Education Resources – Resources for meeting OSPI’s CTE requirements (only necessary for courses run as a CTE program).
- Careers in Education Competencies and Related Standards – How the RWT Curriculum competencies align with previous CIE competencies(only necessary for courses run as a CTE program).
- RWT: High School Teacher Academies: Realities and Myths (Slideshow) – Presentation from the January 2018 Washington Colleges of Teacher Education meeting.