Developing current educators
The developing current educators section contains information about:
- Professional Growth Plans (PGPs)
- Educator retooling conditional loan scholarship
- Adding endorsements to a teacher certificate
- Educator certification standards and benchmarks
- Pipeline for paraeducators conditional loan scholarship
- STEM, TPEP, and suicide prevention training certificate renewal requirements
- Clock hours
- Clock hours for National Board certification
PESB determines which endorsement and course code matches result in the most qualified teacher for each class taught in Washington’s public schools. PESB identifies these matches, provides guidance to school districts on assigning teachers to courses, and monitors school district adherence to the policy.
The assignment section contains information about:
- Course code / endorsement assignment matches
- Teaching out of endorsement
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
Human resources support
To better support district HR offices, PESB and the OSPI Title II office worked together to develop online training modules. These tools are intended to assist HR staff in their efforts to identify, hire, and support the educators who best meet their district’s workforce needs.
District workforce data
These data displays provide information about the educator workforce in Washington school districts.