Growing Future Educators
To meet PESB’s objective of strengthening educator recruitment, preparation programs, and employment, the PESB staff team administers various grants and programs. These programs have the goal of making a career in teaching more accessible to a wider variety of people through targeted outreach and recruitment.
The Growing Future Educators section contains information about:
- Alternative Routes to Teacher Certification
- Recruiting Washington Teachers
- Teacher Academy Curriculum
- Pipeline for Paraeducators – Conditional Loan Scholarship
- “Grow Your Own” Initiative
Developing Current Educators
The Developing Current Educators section contains information about:
- Professional Growth Plans (PGPs)
- Educator Retooling Conditional Loan Scholarship
- Adding Endorsements to a Teacher Certificate
- Educator Certification Standards and Benchmarks
The PESB determines which endorsement and course code matches result in the most qualified teacher for each class taught in Washington’s public schools. Washington Administrative Code (WAC) 181-82 gives PESB authority for identifying these matches, providing guidance to school districts in appropriately assigning teachers to courses, and monitoring school district adherence to the policy.
The Assignment section contains information about: