Growing future educators
To meet our objective of strengthening educator recruitment, preparation programs, and employment, we administer various grants and programs. These programs have the goal of making a career in teaching more accessible to a wider variety of people through targeted outreach and recruitment.
The growing future educators section contains information about:
- Alternative Routes to Teacher Certification
- Recruiting Washington Teachers
- Pipeline for paraeducators conditional loan scholarship
- “Grow your own” initiative
Developing current educators
The developing current educators section contains information about:
- Professional Growth Plans (PGPs)
- Educator retooling conditional loan scholarship
- Adding endorsements to a teacher certificate
- Educator certification standards and benchmarks
PESB determines which endorsement and course code matches result in the most qualified teacher for each class taught in Washington’s public schools. PESB identifies these matches, provides guidance to school districts on assigning teachers to courses, and monitors school district adherence to the policy.
The assignment section contains information about: