Online Resource Guide
- PESB’s Prospective Washington Teachers Webpage
- “101 Grads Ultimate College Student Success Workbook” provides college students access to many tools they may need such as blank monthly and weekly calendars, as well as goal setting sheets.
- “Essay & Activities List Tips” for WWU Admission in fall 2016.
- Activity List Examples
- Freshman Application Timeline
- “6 Tips for Writing Great Personal Statements”
- “Writing the Personal Statement”
College Planning Checklist (High School)
- Explore careers on the Internet by visiting ACT’s free interactive World- of-Work Map.
- Visit colleges and talk with college students
- Be ready with a list of questions to ask on your campus visit
- Complete the College Comparison Worksheet
- Sign up for the ACT (if you didn’t take it as a junior, or if you aren’t satisfied with your score, or if you’ve learned a lot since you first took it.)
- Review ACT test results and retest if necessary August-December:
- Attend a college fair
- Begin your college essay(s)
- Apply for admission at the colleges you’ve chosen
- Avoid common college application mistakes
- If you need it, get help completing the FAFSA
- Watch the mail for your Student Aid Report (SAR)—it should arrive four weeks after the FAFSA is filed
- Compare financial aid packages from different schools